Engage your employees by developing the future talent pipeline for your industry!
CareerSpark Industry Exploration Program partners with Denver businesses to expose middle school students to professional work environments and inspires them to consider careers in STEM industries.
Through CareerSpark, DPS students learn about careers available within a particular industry and experience aspects of STEM careers through hands-on, engaging activities. They also learn about post-high school educational paths to the careers included in the event. Download a printable info sheet about CareerSpark
Elements of a CareerSpark Industry Exploration Program
- Explore: Opportunities for groups of 14 students to interact with company employees to learn about various career paths. • Interact: Hands-on activities that bring the industry to life.
- Spark: Speakers that generate enthusiasm and excitement about your industry!
Work-Based Learning at DPS
- Since 2014, DPS CareerConnect has provided nearly 2000 high schools students with career exploration events.
- Evaluation data shows a strong correlation between these events and increased motivation to pursue a career the industry featured.
- Business partners overwhelmingly agree hosting a career exploration event is a worthwhile endeavor!