The DPS CareerCoach program is a great opportunity for companies looking for significant employee opportunities with high student impact. CareerCoach matches students — most often sophomores — one-on-one with a professional in their field of study. Students and mentors follow a structured set of activities to help the student envision potential educational and professional paths. CareerCoach Get Started Guide for more information.
- Corporate volunteers participate in a one-to-one mentoring program
- Make a significant impact on the life of a DPS student
- Develop professional skills in coaching and mentoring
- Help develop the future workforce of your industry
- Develop critical soft skills through the mentoring program
- Map out an academic and career plan
- Make positive, lasting adult connections
- 1 hour planning session with the DPS team
- One 2-hour orientation session for mentors
- 2 in-school visits by corporate volunteers and 1 worksite visit by students per month throughout the school year.